Thursday, February 12, 2009

Boulder at 150 yrs

February 11, 2009 - There was a snowfall the night before, leaving slick & icy roads, but a very scenic drive for the morning commute. I was on my way in to work, slipping and a sliding, and decided to take a few hours of my vacation time to catch this rare opportunity of "snow along the front range" on my Nikon. Several inches of "fluff" coupled with low angle sunlight & cold morning temps was just too tempting. So, I decided to head up to Chautauqua Park in Boulder to get a few shots of the Flatirons with fresh powder before the days rays does the melt off. Later that afternoon, I did a trail run at Chautauqua and noticed the fresh snow could not win against the suns warming rays. As a tribute to Boulder, which recently celebrated its 150th yr anniversary, I post processed in CS3 and Efex Pro to give this shot a sepia effect. I am not sure if Mork and Mindy have been to Boulder recently, but I think they'd still find it a great place to live...if they can afford the hyper inflated property values.

This image, as well as others, can be viewed at the following link: http://dejansmaic.smugmug.com/gallery/7159722_yR2s4/1/473360982_UsFox

No comments:

Post a Comment