Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pro Cycling Challenge - Prologue TT

August 22, 2011 started at 0230 hrs when I woke and prepped my camera gear for the days race of truth, sorta.  A little later in the AM, I kissed the wife good bye, dropped of Bryce at pre-K, grabbed my gear and headed south on I-25 to the Garden of the Gods, where the start of the greatest bike race since the Coors Classic ended in Colorado was to happen.  As I made my way to the Garden of the Gods, I began to see signs of the circus...event parking, police motos, and just plain traffic.  I then parked my Jeep, grabbed my gear and proceeded to head to the team staging area to pick up my media credentials.  According to officials, there was not going to be a media tent for passes at the start today, just at the finish.  I figured the way the course is laid out, I did not need special access to capture the days race along the first 2 km of the course.  


I found the sweet spot for capturing images of racers with a great back drop on the second hill, near where the Carmichael Training Systems tent was set up.

Link to more images:  http://www.sportifimages.com/BikeRacing2011/US-Pro-Cycling-Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment