Thursday, January 22, 2009

No More Leaves

While heading home from a work related project, I decided to take the long way back in search of photo opportunities. As the sun was setting, I saw this "big old tree" from I-25. I only had a second or two to decide whether or not to "give it a shot" before I pass the exit where this tree and its counterparts had set its roots. I peeled off the highway, shot over to the location and saw the foundation of an old homestead...storm cellar and all. This tree and its fallen counterparts probably provided shade to several generations of tired ranchers, families and their Black Labs & Golden Retrievers, as well as weathering severe storms. The tree probably died after it no longer served as a family shade tree after the homestead was abandoned. But, it came back to life the day I took this shot and several other images. The tree still serves the purpose as a reminder to Colorado's past.

No comments:

Post a Comment